Much planning still needs to be done on both of those fronts--both for the computer teacher training and the community-based video training. A good Nicaraguan friend of mine, Fabio, will be helping to facilitate the community training, which I'm very excited about--it is his first time collaborating with us on a major project, and he is a very talented individual. I look forward to seeing him fill this role.
As far as the Dama de Hierro goes (my truck), about a week and a half ago I submitted an appeal to the civil court, which I was told would take about a week to go through before I'd get an answer. We pleaded the case that I hadn't been given a fair chance at a just ruling, and that the evidence wasn't even considered, but rather ignored. I'll be hearing this week about that, and I believe I can appeal again if it still comes out against me...but so can she (the other party involved). So we're hoping she will accept the decision if she loses, and we're hoping for a just ruling.
I'm also in the process at the moment of getting a new passport. Mine went missing some time during my move about 4 months ago (I'm assuming it was then). It was in need of replacement anyway, since it was about to expire, but the complicating factor is that I need to renew my local residency, which is more difficult since it was my old passport that had the stamp. Hopefully I will be able to get all of this done in time to get a reasonably priced ticket to go home at Christmas--I'm afraid to get the ticket now because I'm not sure how long this whole process will take. Ah, the joys of living internationally! Some of you know what I mean!
Ah, one more thing. I mentioned previously that I had created a video for House of Hope, a ministry that reaches out to and serves prostitutes and former prostitutes of Managua. They posted the web version on their home page, and I invite you to take a look. I may be showing this film when I'm in North America again, but feel free to check it out anyway. (www.houseofhopenicaragua.com)
prayer items:
-pray that planning and preparation goes well for both of the trainings coming up--for the computer trainings and for the community participatory video trainings.-pray that the appeal receives a fair look by a fair judge, and that the other woman involved, Sylvia, will accept her responsibility in the accident.-pray that my passport and residency go through quickly so that I can get a ticket home for Christmas!
hey dave!
ReplyDeletegreat to hear that Fabio is coming on board for this venture. should be really fun! i checked out the video for house of hope as well. it turned out really nice! have a good week!
steph
Yeah, I really hope Fabio loves it and wants to keep working with us! Glad you liked the video. Did you see any of the parts that you filmed? You have a good week, too!
ReplyDeleteJust watched the House of Hope video. Well done, David. What an amazing story told in 8 minutes. It's hard to believe that the abuse of women and young children is going on as told in these stories.
ReplyDeleteKeep up the good work!!
Dad
It is unimaginable what some people have to live through. House of Hope is doing important things, to be sure! There is a very urgent immediate need for many people who are caught up in the trap right now. Yet there is also a need to change Nicaragua from within--for Nicaragua to be transformed by the Gospel, starting with the local Nicaraguan church. The Nehemiah Center is working from a this angle, helping to reorient and build the capacity of the local Nicaraguan churches to respond to these issues in their own neighborhoods, cities, and country, and to show the love and power of Christ in difficult places. It's a long process of walking with pastors and other leaders, as they walk with those in their congregations. Unfortunately there's a general fear of "getting dirty" I think...which I'm afraid we in the north are also afraid of.
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDelete