Speaking of rains slowing down significantly...they were coming down really hard for like almost two months. There has been so much flooding in Nicaragua and damage because of it that it's been quite disastrous. Lake Managua has grown, I just heard, so much that it's covering several blocks of the neighborhoods closest to the lake, and is still rising. The ground is so saturated that any time it starts raining, rivers appear out of no where. A few nights ago during a 40 minute downpour, I was on my bike near my previous house, and I was slightly concerned that I couldn't see the road; water coming from side streets careened across the road, and manhole covers were shoved out of their place by brown water pushing its way up from below. When you see this quantity of water, it's not hard to see why so many streets have open drainage systems instead of pipes--they simply can't contain it.
The rain has also affected farmers significantly. Those who lost their crops last year because of lack of water are now losing their crop again--and the seeds for the next!--due to erosion from the extreme amount of rain. The price of beans right now is skyrocketing, and prices in general continue to rise in kind.
![]() |
| Red Pro Com #1 |
By the way, you may notice that I have started posting other things on my blog--there are some posts below that I didn't send emails about. I decided to start blogging once in a while about things that aren't necessarily related to my ministry here, but that I believe are important and interesting topics. I hope you'll pop in once in a while to read them. I will continue to send email invitations to read my ministry-update blog posts. Thanks for following along!
prayer items
-pray for the rains to slow down, for the ground to dry up a bit, and for harvests this next season to be bountiful
-praise for a great first session with the computer teachers, and pray for further creativity and energy within the group (and for its leaders!) pray that there is natural leadership from within the group of teachers that stimulates and involves everyone
-pray for my situation with my car, the Dama de Hierro, and that through this long process we'll eventually see justice done

No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment!