Tuesday, October 19, 2010

dancing with joel

How many of you are subscribers to the CRWM E-News? It's "the electronic newsletter from Christian Reformed World Missions. With this monthly email we hope to keep you informed with stories and news about what World Missions’ missionaries are doing worldwide. We hope you enjoy these stories of transformation from around the globe."

Two recent articles:

1. This week there was a really neat article by Joel Huyser, who I work with at the Nehemiah Center, called "Dancing to a New Program". It starts like this...
I (Joel) am not good at dancing.

It was not part of my culture growing up in Sully, Iowa. And I definitely don’t have rhythm. When I took up the trombone in middle school, my Mom spent long hours teaching me how to tap my foot to the beat of the music. I was that clueless. Seriously.
Read the full story...

2. A couple of weeks ago there was an article about my work. Here's the teaser:
Today’s electronic world has ushered in significant changes in every community - from large metropolises in North America to small, rural villages in Nicaragua. As technology changes, schools around the world are adapting their programs to give their students a “head-start” in the new electronic era. Dave Stienstra, a partner missionary with CRWM and the Nehemiah Center in Nicaragua, is helping missions organizations, local agencies, and Christian schools navigate this new world. Read the full story...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!