Went to the doctor today. Second day after the operation. He took off the original bandage and put another one on. Moved my arm back and forth and out to the side at a 45 degree angle. Told me to do the same later. No problem, right? :) The pain also began last night as the numbness wore off, and there been at least a low level ache all day, with more focused pain at certain times. I know it's normal. I just need to tough it out and get through this stage. I had plans to go with a few others by car to meet up with the team which is about 3 hours (and 2 days on bike) outside Managua. At this point I'm really questioning that decision due to the level of discomfort.
I've been reading the book "Free of Charge" which speaks of God's character as a giver. It has reminded me to give thanks to God in all circumstances. Join with me in praising him for all that he has done and all that he continues to do. His gifts aren't always what we want, because the God of creation doesn't give just to satisfy our desires. He gives to create in us a character more like his. Join me in thanking him for what he has given us! May we learn to live as he would have us and give as he has given to us.
Here's a picture of the wound with a yellow sticky bandage covering it. Yellow because it's medicated.
Dave---
ReplyDeleteI was hoping you'd be off the hook for being in pain ;-) Stay positive, I know that's so hard. You are correct, God knows it's not always about our circumstances, but He always cares about our charactor!! I'll continue to pray for you...keep your head up...
Angie
dave you look so sad.....sorry for the pain...but "no pain, no gain"right? we'll keep praying , you keep healing.. God is good ..all the time : ) auntjo
ReplyDeleteHey there Dave! It's Randa Beerda here...well, used to be Randa Bronsema!!! Don't know if you will get this message. If you do, email me back at vrbeerda@yahoo.ca okay?! I'd love to chat! - Randa
ReplyDeleteHey there Dave! It's Randa Beerda here...well, used to be Randa Bronsema!!! Don't know if you will get this message. If you do, email me back at vrbeerda@yahoo.ca okay?! I'd love to chat! - Randa
ReplyDeleteyour mom says you are getting out to the Sea to Sea....good for you.. be careful tho, not to overdo : )
ReplyDeletethinking of you and praying for your healing. aunt jo