
School things. Yesterday (Friday) I met the second replacement for the English teacher who left at the end of last semester. That's right, apparently the first replacement was only a temporary. I probably have spoken with him for only five minutes, but he seems like a good guy. He has four years of teaching English, so he should be a strong asset.
Yesterday I also met with a woman from the publisher of our curriculum. I thought it would be helpful to hear how they explain their books. I think I've mentioned before that I'm a little frustrated with the books in some ways. It was good to sit down with them and have them explain a little bit of the methodology of the book and suggest some helpful ways of teaching the info. I realized again how much I missed by jumping straight into teaching rather than by first getting a teacher's education. Overall it was good to sit down and talk with them.
Things with the family have been going pretty well. I think I am understanding more. of what they say. Some days I am quite impressed by what I can understand. :) Usually when I'm really tired I understand quite a bit less, and that's when I get discouraged about how much I've learned. But when I've had a good rest or a good day then I can understand things much better.
It's time again for the midterm tests. I'm supposed to have the tests written by Monday, so this afternoon is going to be a busy one.
Also, it's about the time of year that we need to make decisions about next year. The director told me yesterday that if I was thinking about changing the curriculum that I need to let her know during the next several weeks. Any other major changes will have to be made soon as well.
Prayer requests
-for clarity of mind as decisions are made for the next school year
-for energy and ideas in teaching
-that my vision of what the lord is doing down here and through me continues to grow and develop
They PROMISED me nobody I know would ever see it!
ReplyDeleteMy agent is going to hear about this one......
Thanks a lot, Dave. That's pretty funny.
Andy
hey, did you hear the one about how Lot chose to go pinch his .....never mind (holy cow! am i red right now?!)
ReplyDeletethanks for the link dave - took you long enough;)
I met some ppl from Redeemer that now go to seminary with me. Albert Postma and his wife Christine (or something like that). She said she knew you from some committee meeting or something. Anways, I hope everything is going well for you down in Nicaragua.
ReplyDelete