Ok, finally we made the change. High school is now two levels of English, and I am no longer teaching second grade. On Tuesday the principal surprised me with the new schedule. I was about to suggest option number 3 (the flip flop, see previous post). Haven't done too much with the new group yet. First day we went over the policies and procedures (my expectations) and then I had them do some writing for the rest of the class. Yesterday they took a test so i could figure out how much they know from the material in the book they have been/will be using. Today we have a day off and I am enjoying it too much. Still I haven't done any work and it's almost 4:00! Funny how much there is to do when you don't really want to work.
I was really having harder time earlier this week. I didn't want to teach and I didn't want to plan even more. I cried out to God asking him to give me some encouragement and make this a little more enjoyable. He responded yesterday by injecting me with a better attitude and injecting my students with a little more attention and interest. :D Please pray that as I continue with this the same 1st, 3rd and 4th grades and as I take on the 2nd level high school class that I stay positive and interested and that my students also have good attitudes. I have been struggling lately to have a good attitude in class. Another teacher reminded me that especially the young ones are like sponges. They even absorb your energy and attitudes.
Thanks for keeping up!
HI Dave
ReplyDeleteUntil this year i had no idea that something called a "BLOG" even existed.Now i check Jay and Sara"s every day.You living in a foreign country have more of an idea what they are experienceing than i do.Good thing you can adapt from elementary kids to high school.There is a world of diffence in the ages.It seems to be a daily neccesity for you to depend on God for his leading.I can relate trying to run a business.Soemtimes you just want to throw your hands in the air and say "What's the use" Motivateing minds in positives ways is never easy.Yet the rewards of seeing even one life changed makes it all worth it.God is using you to touch lives;He may never show you to what extent ;but,when you are doing His will He may give you small glipses-you just have to keep trying and keep watching. Gotta go it's ice cream time.Love Uncle Terry