A friend sent me a link yesterday that I finally got to reading today. It struck me as so simple, yet so true. We (yes...even you!) make excuses all the time for not doing good things--for not making good ideas happen. When was the last time you had a good idea...but failed to act?Here's the link to the top 15.
I hope you take the time to read through some of these. The reason I believe it's important is because sometimes we don't even realize we're making excuses, or we don't even realize that most people who actually do make things happen ignore the excuses.
Personally, I fight with these very excuses every day. I think I'm not good enough, not smart enough, not creative enough...that someone better equipped should do what I'm trying to do, that there's not enough time, that things aren't prepared enough, etc.
What do you think? Leave a comment here. I hope it inspires you to stop paying so much attention to those excuses and DO something about your good ideas. Yes, you!
A couple of months ago a sister in Christ basically rebuked me for making some of those excuses: my schedule's erratic and crazy, it might not turn out well, I don't think I'm gifted in that area...I had a list.
ReplyDeleteLong story short, I repented. It feels great to lay aside the excuses, and just do it (as per Nike). :) One of those ideas involved having encouragement dinners for people in church who needed...well encouragement. Now every other weekend when I'm not working I have people over - tis so much fun, and we invite people who are still lost to fellowship with us. Tis a great way to reach out to people!
Thanks for posting, and being open. We all struggle with them from time to time.
Chris