If you followed the link on the last blog, you saw that I’ve been very busy with Sea to Sea preparations. Kevin and I took a rental truck 549 kilometers (sorry, I’ve been out of the US too long, and everyone else uses kilometers!) across the country to Puerto Cabezas on the Carribean coast. It was an amazing drive with astounding sights. Our objective was to plan some specific details of the trip and basically get a better idea of the route, the challenges that lay ahead, and make give our hosts along the way a familiar face so that when 30 people show up all at once, they know who to look for. We stopped at every place we are going to stay, checked out the conditions, asked about access to water and other things. The roads are definitely going to be a challenge to the bikers, but there’s no doubt we’ll make it and love it. Fundraising has almost reached our goal, but hasn’t changed in a couple weeks. If you haven’t done so, please consider giving, whatever amount. Remember, if donations come through the Canadian office, there will be matching funds of 4:1! This might be the only time in your life where $20 = $100!
I just thought of something. It would be neat if we could get people who would be willing to pray for specific riders on this trip both before and during the event. If you’d like to take a name, and support that person in a special way through prayer, please check the site and let me know so I can tell them! You can start right away! :) There is something very neat about praying specifically for someone you don’t even know.
Today I was talking with my mechanic friend, who is helping me fix my motorcycle for the Sea to Sea trip. It’s been broken down since June, and I haven’t been able to get it running because we keep finding more problems with it, and because of communication challenges in getting the parts here. My friend told me today that due to lack of time and a super full schedule, I’m going to have to be the mechanic, and he the advisor. So, I’m going to have to do some reading before I pick up the wrenches. I need to change the ‘‘doohickey’’, the clutch, and various other smaller tasks. Needless to say, it will be a lot of time spent on the bike...and I need it running soon!
Internet has been out my house and now my computer’s power supply isn’t working, and the cafe I’m at is closing in about 10 minutes, so unfortunately I can’t post more right now. Hope that everyone is doing well. See you soon.
Prayer Items:
-Pray for safety and energy during the biking trip. And pray for someone specific on the list of bikers. (see site)
-Pray that I can have a productive last week and a half here before I leave for home.
-Pray that I get my bike running asap. And that I don’t screw anything up!
hey dave!
ReplyDeletei tried clicking on that site and it didn't work. what's the website that i should go to?
steph