Wednesday, February 14, 2007

further car frustrations

This is pretty much a prayer request for more patience. I finally got the new steering box installed last night thanks to a very generous employee of the school who stayed after work to do the installation. Then I started to notice a few things that weren’t quite right (they had nothing to do with the installation, by the way). First, I tried to open the passenger door for the first time, and found it wouldn’t open more than a few inches due to a dent in the rear of the quarter panel along the seam with the door. Next I noticed that the car was even more cockeyed than before–leaning even further to the left. This morning I brough the car to a Firestone dealer to get an alignment, and what they told me I didn’t like. They didn’t want to do the alignment because the chassis was out of line and the leaf spring on the left side was also crooked. While the car is drivable right now, it’s probably not good for it to be driven. I’m probably going to use it today and tomorrow and then see if I can get it fixed asap. This will probably mean more time without a car, and it definately means I can’t fully use it yet. Ah, well. The Lord is at work here and I thank him in all situations.

Here are some pictures. Click to enlarge.


~ by dstien on February 4, 2007.
2 Responses to “further car frustrations”

1.

I wish you luck with your car trouble. Where did you get this one anyways. I hope they don’t give you any trouble fixing your crooked chasis. After all this trouble, I am sure you will be enjoying your Land Cruiser. Cheers!

Norman said this on February 5th, 2007 at 8:28 am (edit)
2.

Hey, Norman. I got this car from a neighbor here. He was an American teaching at a different school. He left for Venezuela and sold the car to me before he went. I thought $4,500 was a lot to pay, but he sent me an email from Venezuela saying that the same car there was going to cost him around $11,000! That made me feel a lot better, needless to say. I’ll get the car back next week sometime. It’s getting a paint job and a new water pump right now. Talk to you later, my friend!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!