Monday, September 18, 2006

a two minute blog

In an effort to make good on my promise to myself to be to work by 9am and also because I want to post another blog, here is a two minute blog...

This has been a great weekend. It basically started last week Tuesday after school. Wednesday was a performance at the school by the students in celebration of the independence of Central America. Many parents came and students dressed up, danced, and did a few dramas. Then we had Thursday, Friday and today off. Friday I went to Cerro Negro with my friends. It's a fairly young volcano (1999) that has nothing growing on it. It's just a pile of rocks and ash. It was a lot of fun. Today I'm going to work for the first time...which is a little different from the plan to work on Thursday and Saturday as well. :)

Gotta run!

2 comments:

  1. question: do the teachers at nejapa give you random food? fajardo is always giving me picos, picos tostadas and you know about octovio and his gifts.

    i am just curious is you feel like people are trying to fatten you up as well.

    cherrio.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I think they are trying to fatten me up more subtly--by soaking all my food in oil first. I don't know how apparent it is to others, but I definately feel like I've put on a pound or two. Whenever I go home, they ask me, "¿Vas a comer?" And I have to smile and laugh. Most of the time the answer is "Si, voy a comer. Tengo hambre."

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!