I've been taking spanish classes all week in the morning from 8:30-12:30. They've helped, but the material has been more of a review than forging new themes. I am a little bit disappointed by that, but I really got a lot of much needed practice and I really strengthened what I already know, while enriching my vocabulary.
Below are some more pictures of the house I am living in, including the familiy I'm living with. I am enjoying the family a lot. I have also begun to develop some relationships with other people closer to my age. The church that the father of my house pastors at seems to have many young people highly involved. One of them lives directly across the street--his name is Lenin. My family left for a week and a half on Wednesday. Lenin is staying with me while they're gone. He and I eat dinner together and teach each other our respective languages. I really enjoy his friendship. I think the family was a little worried about leaving me alone to fend for myself so they told the maid, Mirna, to make me lunch every day and they are the ones that arranged for Lenin to come and stay with me while they're gone. So far, Mirna has made so much for lunch that Lenin and I don't even have to cook for dinner. It's been great! :)
From the left to the right are Susana, Josue, Omar, and David. You probably recognize David because that's me. :)

This picture is looking at the house from the street. The front door is to the left of my truck.


Here's the living room, which is right inside the front door. I have watched more TV in the past two weeks than I have watched in the past 7 months!

This is the bathroom that I share with Josue.

And here is something interesting. Notice two things. 1) the crazy amount of silicone or something...aparently put there to stop a leak, and then another leak, and then another leak, and then another leak, etc... I think this is a pretty common way to fix things, including cars. Also, there is no knob under the sink to turn off the water from the faucet. Hmm. I wonder what I'll do if there's ever an emergency like the faucet breaks. Both of the hoses there are cold water--there are no hot water heaters in Nicaragua. Hot showers come from a heater that is attached to the shower head. I don't have one. Only the right faucet on our bathroom sink works, and it leaks a pretty constant stream.

So there it is. Catch you later.
Hi Dave,
ReplyDeleteI too have never had cavities and I take your experience as a warning that it could happen to myself. I wonder why these things happen... age? ;-) In that case, I'd better watch out.
Good to hear that you are making some closer friendships over there.
Sincerely,
Hobbe
still reading...:)
ReplyDeletewhen do you come back for a visit?
e.go