I give my last two exams tomorrow (Thursday). After that, I need to grade them and input all of the final grades into our database. Then I need to make sure that I have completed all of the "dosificaciones" which are basically an outline of the semester. This semester it is supposed to be more detailed than last time...including how many hours I will spend on each theme. With 86 hours to account for and who knows how many themes (I still have to do a lot of work), this will certainly take quite a bit of time.
Other big news: We are rearranging the English program at Nejapa. First we are going to take the existing 7th, 8th, and 9th grade English classes (a total of about 40 students) and we're going to put them all together and split them down the middle according to English level rather than by grade level. If you're a real thinker, you'll probably realize before I say it, that this means the current teacher for those three classes can't possibly teach both of the new classes because they have to be held at the same time. This means that I will be taking up a high school class, and by consequence, losing one of my current classes. It's a little bit hard for me to feel good about switching in the middle of the year, but i think it will be a good thing. Second grade has been the most frustrating for me this year because it has proven very difficult for me to even get their attention, let alone hold it. I will now get a chance to start fresh with a new class. It will be the less advanced of the two high school classes. The other teacher argues that I will be good for them because I am better suited to make them speak English, which, as a native Spanish speaker, he has a harder time with. Hopefully our new positions will utilize our gifts a little bit better.
Big changes everywhere. I move this Friday in with the Honduran family I previously mentioned. I have spend a bit of time with the family and I think I will really enjoy them. I'll have to tell you more about them in blogs to come.
I'll leave it at that since I'm feeling overwhelmed with work at the moment.
Prayer requests
-Strength to finish off the semester's work and move into the new house. I was falling asleep calculating grades today. I've been staying up too late (a mixture of work and friends) and I'm starting to feel a little sick. Sore throat, stuffy nose, had a bit of a fever again last night.
-Thanks for the Lord's leading and providing as I have found a place to live that seems to meet nearly all of my desires.
-For rest and refreshing during the three week break that starts when I finish all of my work on Friday (and that I will finish all of my work on Friday, because I have some lingering doubts about that!)
Dave,
ReplyDeleteCongrats on making it through your 1st semester! We should be buying our tickets to come down there soon. We are still thinking 7/25 - 8/1. Also, our church will be on a mission trip around the same time. They will be close to where you are and said they would love to meet you and introduce you to the local missionary family. We may try and meet up with them so we can introduce you. Also, I am going to be teaching 6-7th Spanish next year and we really want to emphasize learning about Latin American culture (country specific). Do you think there is any way we could work something out that could benefit both of our classes (ex: pen pals)? Le me know your thoughts. Maybe it could fill up some of your 86 hours.
Thanks!
Laura (Key)
so did you do it?! :) We just found some papers (grades, HA stuff, bank papers), pictures, and stuff that belongs to you...want us to keep it all?
ReplyDeletee.go