Tuesday, June 20, 2006

ya examenes otra vez!?

Exams again already? The answer is yes. I am right this minute putting off planning for the next exams. I have finished two of them, and that leaves two more. I can't wait to be done with this week. For my third and fourth grade, they have their English exams on Friday, which is the first exam day. Then the following week will be comprised of half-days filled with exams through Thursday. After the last exams, I will be done for approximately three weeks! During that break I hope to do some planning for the coming semester, but a few things may be changing. We might try to divide and re-build the classes (or some of the classes) in terms of English level rather than simplly by grade level. There is a huge difference in some of the classes in terms of understanding, so it makes more sense to divide it this way. This could mean some huge changes in my schedule and it might include teaching some of the older students...and fewer of the younger students...which sounds good to me at the moment! :)

I did end up making plans to live with the Honduran family--the Pinedas. I will be moving sometime next week, probably on the 30th, which is the last day I can be at the apartments, and my last work day.

To add to the changes, I will also be getting a car on the 30th, granted nothing happens to it before then. I made a deal to purchase the car a while back with the intention of taking possession on the last day of June. Hopefully that goes well. :)

I never ended up having that meeting with the director. She's been very busy, and I've been very busy. It's been frustrating, but I have kind of given up hoping to meet.

I should go because I have lots to do. Thank you for your prayers--the same requests still apply. :) I hope you are all doing well.

1 comment:

  1. Hi dave, cicely here. this job sounds pretty sweet. hope you are well!(i found your site from Kyle's)

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!