Another brief post before I head to bed. This week I saw my first two wild scorpions. The first one was running through the classroom. All of the elementary students were in the sixth grade classroom on Monday for chapel. I was in the back row and noticed that there was another teacher walking towards me looking at the ground. She was following a scorpion as it came towards me...I looked at it and then at her...and then she motioned like I should kill it. So I lifted my foot and it came down on the poor guy. He was smaller. Maybe four inches and he had a skinny little tail. I think that most scorpions just make you sick at most. Their sting is similar to a bee sting (except there is poison involved), and you're probably going to be fine unless you're allergic to them. Of course, this is only my guess because I haven't really heard it from an expert.
I saw my second scorpion just two days ago. This one was tiny--I didn't know they got made this small. It was probably 3/4 of an inch long. We were sitting on the ground outside the door and it was sitting down on the white tile just inside the door (the door was open). Someone just happened to look over and notice the miniscule scorpion. Soon after it came under the foot, as well, and we then ceased our sitting on the ground outside the door.
Haha...
ReplyDelete- "...I didn't know they got made this small."
- "...came under foot..."
Funny, funny.
I'd like to see a scorpian someday. Are they all honey-coloured? Any other foreign animal or insect encounters?
I've always thought that scorpians were deadly.. I wonder if that's just because my perspective on them has always been taken from nature books where, in the photos, they are devouring other insects and looking all menacing and mean. That and the angles make the scorpians look gigantic. Hmm..