The bad news is that I'm starting another week tired. The good news is that I am done writing my four tests, which will be given on Friday. More good news is that my fourth grade class has had good enough behavior to watch a movie. They successfully filled their jar with lima beans and now their reward is a movie. :) That eliminates another day of planning for my fourth grade, which makes me smile. :) I might have to reward them more often!
An update on the green-yellow-red card system I'm trying to implement as a control mechanism in class... It's working alright, but is turning out to be more work than I thought. First, the cards have to be distributed at the beginning of class. Next, I have to hand out yellow cards when they misbehave. Next, I have to hand out red cards to those who continue to misbehave. Then, before class is over, I watch to see who has changed their behavior enough to win back a yellow or a green. Then, at the end of class, I have to gather the cards back, pack them away, and record who got what color. It wouldn't be so bad, but a lot of kids are getting cards, and I am hesitant to give them a red because I don't want to have to deal with sending a note home and making sure it gets returned and all that. I might have to change some consequences. I'm up for suggestions. :)
Try making a board to put on the wall w/ a place for each student. Have a pocket for the card for each one. They all start on green. When they misbehave, have them get up and go change their card. This is a common classroom management tool.
ReplyDeleteLK