Sunday, March 05, 2006

5-day forecast

It looks like this week will be another one of much scrambling and little sleep. Unfortunately I had a good weekend and didn't accomplish much at all on Friday or Saturday. At the end of this week I will have to create and submit my first test to the principal. She wants to see them before our first week of exams begin on the 13th. I'm struggling to know exactly how to test the first graders who hardly have the capacity to read or write anything. There will likely be much drawing and circling for them. :) Anyway, it will be a week full of much work and much planning.

The nice thing about this week, though, is that it will give way to a much slower, more relaxed week next week as we just administer exams all week.

A few prayer requests at this time are below.

1) In case it wasn't clear enough above--please pray that this week will go well. I will need to plan and utilize my time effectively in order to accomplish the goals. I will also need the energy and ability to concentrate.
2) I will be implementing a new crowd control tactic in class--the green, yellow, and red card. I won't get into how it works, but you can pray that the students understand quickly and learn to behave better by these means.
3) Thank the Lord for a good staff at Nejapa. I knew that this was true before, but I discovered it anew when I realized that a 3 of the teachers travel 1.5 hours or more to get to the school in the morning and the same in the afternoon to get home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!