Tuesday, February 28, 2006

hope

Yesterday was a difficult day. I thought I was going to lose my voice. I had a very hard time with the second grade class. They would not listen to me or do what I asked--everyone needed a personal invitation, and after I invited them and went to the next person, they would put their stuff away or take out other papers/books/puzzles. I told their normal teacher that it was a very bad day in her class why (as best I could in Spanish). Apparently, she took some time after lunch to have a class discussion. They talked about how they could behave better in my class. A few of them apologized, and they all made cards for me about how they were sorry for not behaving and indicating that they would do better. Today it was like night and day difference. They were far quieter and they all had their homework (or at least many more of them). They showed me their cards (which were glued to a posterboard with a larger note attached for me).

Thank you for your prayers, and please pray for more days like today! What a difference it makes for me!

1 comment:

  1. hey dave!
    i gotta say that your blog is great. it's good to hear how things are going for you.
    around here it seems like i am surrounded by teachers. i definately hear about lots of tough days, and how the kids can be really trying at times. i really hope that you have more days like this one so that you may take some encouragement and satisfaction from your job. i know you, and even though i am up in canada i know that you are working hard and doing a good job there.

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!