It's time again to head back to the motherland...back to the motherchurch. I plan to arrive back on the 14th and stay until the 4th. If you're interested in grabbing a meal together or a coffee or anything please shoot me an email (or hit up the contact page from the link above) and we'll try to work out a good time to do that. I haven't been very good
at communicating with all my supporters while I'm home, so you can help me out by letting me know if you're interested.
On Sunday the 18th of December I'll be speaking at Brookside in GR as an adult Ed class (in a classroom during the second service) and I'd love to see as many of you there as can make it. I plan to show a couple of videos and talk about what I've been doing this last year. You'll also be able to ask me anything you want (within reason!). I'll also be giving a brief 5-minute update in both the morning services on January 1st.
I thought it would be cool to show you some pictures of a project that's been in the works. Below are some pictures of Calvin students who have been working on a lot of 25 computers from the CRCNA headquarters that are to be donated to Christian schools in Nicaragua (see the previous post) through the Nehemiah Center. When I was home in July I stopped by the IT offices of the CRCNA there to talk with the staff and see if they might be interested in collaborating to get more computers into schools. They responded by offering 25 of the computers that they're replacing after 5 years of use. We're very thankful for their generosity, and the time and work of both the students and faculty from Calvin who have supported the project.
I was thinking about opening up the idea to you guys if you're interested in donating a working computer that you're not using, or other types of equipment that might be useful here (such as routers or switches, USB DVD drives). We could possible include any other donations in the same shipment. If you'd like to support the project or donate some equipment, please let me know through the contact me section, or by emailing me directly. I can let you know what kinds of things we're looking for, and what our minimum requirements are.




No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment!