Friday, September 04, 2009

late afternoon joy ride

A couple of days ago I went for a ride after work. Just headed out of town and rode for a while before turning around and coming back. Really enjoyed it. Thought you might like to see a few pictures--they're posted below.

I'm working on getting some pictures of the tech team that we had last week, which was a very busy week with some long days while the team was around. When i get the picutres I'll fill you in on some more of the details of the time.

This week we're having our annual "congreso" or gathering of those involved with the Nehemiah Center. Actually, we're having two congresos because they are regional. One was in Chinandega, about 2.5-3 hours outside of Managua to the north-east. Today we'll have the other one in León, about 1.5-2 hours in the same direction. I was an am responsible for filming certain aspects of the event and interviews during. I'll try to get some of that footage posted as well.

Thanks for reading! And now for the photos!

One of the views on the New Highway to León of the volcanos Momotombo and Momotombito (Little Momotombo).


Returning through Mateare. If you saw Daniel Lanninga's video about the youth involved with gangs, their desire to change and the challenges involved with that, this is the area. I have a prayer request for that group and that city. One of guys from the film was recently stabbed to death in his home. I'm not sure about the details, but this community is so tired of violence and is groaning for change. Pray that this murder does not bring out more resentment and hatred among the youth, but that they respond in love!

A shot of the colorful sky behind some interesting trees.





Waiting for a bus on the outskirts of town as the sun descends and the streetlights flicker on.

The "Cuesta del Plomo" or the "Hill of Lead" where a monument marks the location of a famous site where the dictator Somoza killed a great many people. You can find a famous (although grusome) fotograph revealing the horror and beauty of the site here. The site is less than a mile from my house.

A few hundred feet from my neighborhood and just down the hill from the Cuesta del Plomo is this scene. Beautiful. Guess what businesses are located here? Oil refineries. I don't get it.

Prayer items:
- pray for the youth in Mateare where they just lost one of their own to a stabbing in his own home. pray that the commuity will continue moving towards peace and renewal.
- pray that the second day of filming for the Annual Congreso will go well, and that we'll be able to pull together a good video.
- pray for me as I continue to learn more about IT and video, and pray that i will have energy and vision for both as they require as they develop and grow.

1 comment:

  1. WOW...beautiful pictures!! It's a great place to be! Sounds like you're doing amazing things...I hope you continue to stay encouraged and that God will equip you with WHATEVER you need (knowledge, patience, perservearance) to get the job done...

    ReplyDelete

Don't be shy! Leave a comment!