First, a little update on the car. Last week I finally got the windows replaced. A friend was able find replacements for 4000 córdobas...approximtely $250. Another estimate put the windows at 9000 córdobas, more than double, so I feel like I got a good price. It's good to have windows again.
I am writing this blog from Florida. I made an unexpected trip here on Tuesday. The husband of my cousin in southern Florida suddenly took his own life the week before--which came as a complete surprise to everyone who knew him. So I have been here for the past four days to be with my cousin and honor her husband. It has also been nice to be able to be together with other family who came for the same reason.
I also was able to see a Michigan friend last night for a couple hours. I met Adam Koetje and we did some catching up. I haven't seen the guy in about a year and a half since I left for Nicaragua. It was very good.
Not sure if you noticed, but there is another album on my photo page. It's from the trip to Santa Lucia. I mentioned it in the last blog but have been able to upload some photos since then. Check it out here.
Prayer Items:
- Please continue to pray for strength in my teaching and understanding with the students. The previous four weeks have been difficult. I know we have made good progress in some classes, but in others I am less confident. That's all for now.
No comments:
Post a Comment
Don't be shy! Leave a comment!